BAHASA INGGRIS 2


Assalamualaikum Wr. Wb.
            Hi, my name is Nadia Erina. I am a student of one of private universities in Tangerang that is Gunadarma Karawaci University, Faculty of Economics, majoring in Management. I would like to share a story about my purposes and goals going to college, what kind of social problem that I would like to solve after I graduate, and how I solve it.
            Many people crave to be able to continue their studies to a higher education right after they graduate from high school because it is very difficult for us to get a job if we are only high school graduates in this era. That’s why my first true intention and purpose of studying in college is just to get a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. But after I listened to what some of the lecturers said during this 2 semesters, my purpose changed. There’s one lecturer who told me that to study with a purpose merely to get a piece of graduation certificate is easy, but what happens after that? We apply for a job and the question is: Is the company willing to accept us if we have neither the ability nor the skill? Then, I began to change my principle and my goal as to why I go to college. First, I want to get more knowledge because the knowledge I got from high school is not enough for the future, not enough for getting a job. Second, I want to  improve my ability/skill in the field of management. I want to train my skill until I am ready or fully prepared to become a worker later in a company. Like what I stated earlier, when looking for a job we can’t only rely on a piece of graduation certificate and good scores. Because nowadays, companies only accept fresh graduates with good quality that indeed have the skill that can be relied upon later in a company. So, that’s why I’m studying in college.
            We often see social problems around us, such as unemployment, vagrant children, poverty, social inequality, and many more. After I graduate, I want to solve those social problems especially problem about vagran children. The number of vagran children in Indonesia is increasing each day. Usually, they are children aged about 5-17 years old. Those children usually scavange sustenance on the street maybe even in traffic lights. Those children of that age should go to school. They deserve a proper education. But due to economic shortfall, they have to sacrifice going to school to help their families. Those who, from morning until another morning, have to work hard just to get a spoon of rice. How happy they are when given a thousand rupiah, which maybe not worth it at all to most of us but very valuable to them. Sometimes, when I see them my heart is touched. I am sad to see how their life is. If imagined, there would be a lot of tears for them. Sometimes, I feel like my life is lacking of everything. I always see things upward and I ralely see the situations downward. I always wanted bigger and better things. But now I realize that there are people who need our help. Because of them I know what it means to be grateful. They teach me to live gratefully and be grateful for what God has given us.
            Therefore, I want to eradicate this social problem that is vagrant children. I want to make schools free for them. I want them all to be succesful and useful to a lot of people through the education they get. All of them (vagrant children) is a proof that they are the young generation of Indonesia who must be edcuated to become people with the highest spirit and the will to fight.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Manusia dan Tanggung Jawab (Tugas Ilmu Budaya Dasar)

BAHASA INGGRIS 2